CHICAGO CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS
Helping People with Complex Criminal Law Cases Throughout Illinois – Cook, Lake, McHenry, Will and Du Page Counties. We serve ALL Chicagoland courthouses and branches – Chicago, Skokie, Rolling Meadows, Maywood, Bridgeview, Markham, Joliet, and Wheaton.
State and federal prosecutors like to work from a position of strength, and they don’t hesitate to use their access to almost unlimited resources to obtain convictions. The job of a criminal defense lawyer is to attack a prosecutor’s confidence in the strength of the case. That’s what opens the door to dismissal, favorable plea agreements and victories at trial.
At the Law Office of Robert Kerr, LLC, our Chicago criminal defense lawyers work hard to attack the strength of the government’s case against our client. We do this through intensive investigation, superior legal analysis, smart use of pretrial motions and other procedural tactics that can shift the balance in your favor. To learn how you can benefit from our aggressive approach to criminal defense, contact us in Chicago or the suburbs for a free consultation.
Call NOW for Dependable Criminal Defense Advice
Our Chicago criminal attorneys represent clients charged with very serious and complex criminal felony and misdemeanor charges ranging from robbery, DUI-drunk driving, drug crimes, sex crimes to homicide, drug possession / sale / trafficking, or child pornography. No matter how serious your case is, you can count on our law firm for personal service, timely information and accurate advice about the best ways to protect your interests.
An important strength of our practice involves our familiarity with the diversion options and treatment programs that can often keep your case out of the criminal justice system. Even when the original charges expose you to a significant risk of punishment, our attorneys can find many ways to resolve your case through any of the many options available in Illinois, including drug court, drug school, theft school, supervision, special probation, and other alternatives to conviction or incarceration. Many of these options will keep your case eligible for expungement, and we can advise you about their availability in your situation.
**Attorney Robert Kerr as seen in DNAinfo Chicago for Breaking NEWS!
Illinois Drug Crime Defense Attorneys
If you have been charged with a serious drug crime, it is essential that you consult with the Illinois drug crime lawyers at Robert Kerr, LLC. We will work aggressively to protect and defend your rights and freedom. We have obtained positive outcomes for our clients – charged with very serious and complex drug crimes.
The amount and type of drug involved in your individual case will play a role in the penalties you will face. Our Illinois lawyers have provided support and legal guidance for many clients charged with drug crimes involving the drugs below and other types of drugs:
- Cocaine / Crack
- Hallucinogens (Mushrooms / LCD)
- Heroin, Oxycodone and other Opiates
- Marijuana (Pot, Weed)
Tough Attorneys for Those Charged with Serious Drug Crimes & Offenses
Common Drug Crime Questions?
- Can I Keep a Drug Charge Off My Child’s Permanent Record?
- Does a Drug Conviction Mean That I Will Have To Spend Time in Jail?
- How Will My Future be Affected by a Drug Conviction?
- The police state that I was intending to distribute the drugs that were found in my possession. They were for my own personal use – what is the difference?
- Can the police take my possessions because they were purchased with proceeds from a drug crime?
- Is it Legal for the Police to Search my home, vehicle or Person?
- What are some common drug crime defenses?
- What are the Illinois drug laws and consequences?
Illinois DUI / Drunk Driving Defense Lawyers
The penalties for DUI / Drunk Driving may include significant fines, jail time, and the loss of your driving privileges. An experienced and knowledgeable DUI attorney can help you present the best defense possible for your case. The conviction of a DUI can leave behind many consequences which can impact your employment / career, your reputation, and will blemish your driving record permanently. It is important that you consult with an attorney that has the knowledge and experience to help you.
If you have been arrested for DUI / drunk driving, you may have these questions:
- What is the DUI process in Illinois?
- If I am pulled over for suspicion of DUI / drunk driving, should I perform field sobriety tests?
- If I am pulled over for for suspicion of DUI / drunk driving should I blow ~ take a breath or blood test?
- Will I lose my driver’s license? If so how long?
- Will I lose my CDL – Commercial Driver’s License if I am arrested for drunk driving?
Illinois Sex Crime Defense Attorneys
Accused, Suspected or Charged with a Sex Crime?
- If you or someone you know has been accused of a sex crime – child sex abuse, molestation, rape or any other sex crime(s) – DO NOT speak to the police, law enforcement or the DCFS – Department of Children and Family Services without the presence of your attorney.
- DO NOT wait for the accusations to go away, or hope that the police will drop the charges without the influence of an experienced and knowledgeable sex crime(s) lawyer.
- DO NOT hire a general practice attorney. Sex crime charges are extremely serious and often very complex criminal defense law cases. The prosecution will likely have vast experience handling sex crime cases on a regular basis. Make sure your attorney has the necessary experience, and skill to help protect your rights and your freedom.
The attorneys of the Law Office of Robert Kerr, LLC are licensed to practice in Illinois and the District Court(s) for Northern Illinois. We practice law in ALL of the Chicagoland courthouses including:
- Bridgeview Courthouse (5th District Courthouse)
- Markham (6th District Courthouse)
- Branch 46, 60, 61, 62, 63 and Branch 64 at 555 W. Harrison
- Branch 34 and 48 at 51st and Wentworth
- Branch 43 and 44 at Flournoy and Kedzie
- Branch 23 and 50 at Grand and Central
- Branch 29 and 42 at Belmont and Western
- Branch 35 and 38 at 111th and Ellis
- Branch 1, 57, 66, and Branch 98 at 26th and California
- The Daley Center
- Skokie (2nd District Courthouse)
- Rolling Meadows (3rd District Courthouse)
- Maywood (4th District Courthouse)
- The Will County Courthouse in Joliet
- The Dupage County Courthouse in Wheaton
In every case we handle, we work toward building and presenting the most effective defense possible under the circumstances of your case. To learn more about your defense options, contact the Law Office of Robert Kerr, LLC, in Chicago or the suburbs.
Hablamos español — llame al 312-955-4401