ILLINOIS DRUG TRAFFICKING DEFENSE LAWYERS
Protecting Your Interests in Drug Sales or Distribution Cases
The Law Office of Robert Kerr, LLC, advises people in Greater Chicago about the best ways to resolve drug dealing or trafficking charges in the state or federal courts of Illinois. We offer comprehensive client service in drug distribution cases, which means that we not only protect you at every stage of a felony drug prosecution, but we can also advise you about your options in related cases involving asset forfeiture, money laundering or conspiracy allegations.
Call 312-955-4400 to Meet With a Chicago Drug Sales Defense Lawyer
Contact us in Chicago to learn about your options for resolving your case. Our lawyers take an aggressive approach to drug crime defense and focus on the facts that can give us the opportunity to move for suppression of the evidence and eventual dismissal of the case. These are some of the circumstances that we can review and evaluate:
- Details of a controlled drug buy involving an undercover officer or confidential informant
- Terms of a search warrant, and the affidavits prepared in support of obtaining it
- Consent to search of an apartment, house or motor vehicle given by someone other than the defendant
- Traffic stops that reveal large quantities of an illegal drug in a car or truck
- Actual possession issues when it’s not clear just who owned or had control of the drugs seized
- Manufacture and delivery charges involving marijuana, cocaine or methamphetamine
- Possession with intent to deliver, distribution or trafficking charges based on a presumed intent to sell based on the quantity found
When the drug charges involve dealing, it can be considerably more difficult to take advantage of such diversion options as drug court or deferred prosecution. Whenever possible, our attorneys work to convince prosecutors to reduce the charges to possession.
Our law firm represents people facing drug trafficking charges of all kinds involving cannabis, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine or unauthorized prescription drugs. We handle cases charged in both the state system and theU.S. District Court. To learn more about our approach to criminal defense in Illinois drug trafficking cases, contact an attorney at the Law Office of Robert Kerr, LLC, in Chicago for a free consultation.